2012-2013 Academic Year
2012-13 Academic Year
- CLHS students scored an average of 1648 on the SAT.
- The top 25% of CLHS students scored an average of 1860 on the SAT.
- Over the past three years, over 98% of CLHS graduates were accepted into colleges and universities.
- For the seventh straight year, CLHS has been blessed to be the fasted growing Lutheran high school in the United States. It also continues to be the fastest starting Lutheran high school in Church history.
- CLHS is currently the seventh largest Lutheran high school in the lauded LCMS school system.
- Dancer Alyssa Hebbard was accepted to the prestigious Claire Trevor School of the Arts Dance Department at UCI.
- The CLHS Dance Department raised over $1,300 for the Free Wheelchair Mission Project in conjunction with the fall contemporary dance concert. This event was featured on the front page of the OC Register Varsity Arts Section.
- The Concert Choir had seven members attend the Concordia University Musical Arts Day festival in Seward, Nebraska.
- The Orchestra and Concert Choir collaborated on "A Crean Lutheran Christmas," a service of lessons and carols, performed at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church in Lake Forest, California.
- Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams captured Academy League Championships and advanced to the CIF finals.
- Football had ten players named to the all-league team, and by winning the Academy League Sportsmanship Award.
- Girls Volleyball tied for the league champion title and advanced to the quarter finals of the state tournament.
- Boys Tennis finished second in league and tenth in CIF. Seven players made the all-league team, one of whom was also named league MVP and has verbally committed to play at UCLA.
- Girls Soccer finished second place in league, and advanced to CIF.
- Girls Softball went undefeated in league to earn its first CIF playoff berth. Leading the way was the program's first D-1 scholarship athlete.
- Boys Baseball won its first league championship and advanced to the quarter finals of CIF playoffs.
- Girls Swimming and Diving earned the school's first CIF title.
August 28, 2012
- 6th Academic Year: 605 students!
- Crean Lutheran was nominated as an "Exemplary School" by the National Lutheran School Accreditation association (NLSA). This is a great honor -- and responsibility. Out of just over 1,000 Lutheran schools across our nation, we are among a very few being singled out in the category of "Exemplary School."
- The Chamber Choir performed at the Lutheran Educators Conference in Palm Springs, marking the first time that the CLHS Chamber Choir was invited to perform at this event.