Our Lord’s Fingerprints Are All Over This Ministry!
Then Samuel took a stone. He named it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12
O LORD, You are our Father. We are the clay, You are the potter; we are all the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:8
1. $350,000 start-up grant from Creans in 2004.
2. Board of Directors – all the needed permission givers.
3. St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church brand new school facility for 3 years.
4. Crean gift of $10 million (amount –sufficiency, and timing).
5. Staffing – first year, second year, third year, and fourth year. Excellent and faithful to Christ teachers, administrators, and coaches.
6. Crean Lutheran received full, three year, Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation in its inaugural year.
7. Community partnerships: Concordia University, Irvine Valley College, Novaquatics.
8. Real estate market – enabling us to purchase a great site – centrally located, easily accessible. (If we had bought earlier, we could not have afforded as much acreage.)
9. Another needed anonymous multi-million dollar donation.
10. Due to TIC’s desire to keep project to 2 stories, they donated .8 acres.
11. Financing – in this economically depressed market through Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF), Thrivent, and Farmers & Merchants.
12. Option on second nearby 11 acre parcel of land for ball fields – at a good price.
13. Great time to get bids for construction (better than when we began the project).
14. Assessment District was lowered, saving us $150,000 to $200,000 per year.
15. $950,000 savings from phase 1 became available, opening the door for track & field, & practice ball fields.
16. St. John Neumann Catholic Church, being a block away and having sufficient additional classrooms and sanct. Space.
17. 2011-12 enrollment of over 500, placing CLHS among the top 7 largest Lutheran high schools in the nation.
18. Ability to pay off Assessment District $1.2m to reduce annual operating line item by $350,000/yr.
19. Matching challenge donation of $250,000 if we raise $250,000 for a total of $500,000 (was 3 to 1, lowered to 2 to 1) for completion of athletic venues – and the response of other donors to meet that match.
20. A bequest of $160,000 from Saint Roy Uecker.
21. January, 2012: WASC accreditation - 6 year term.
22. Fall, 2012: Nominated as an Exemplary School by the National Lutheran School Association.
23. Expansion of academic program to include 17 AP courses and 13 ECP (early college program) dual-credit (high school and UC approved college) courses.
24. The Lord brought wonderful new faculty and staff (Christian disciples with a passion for excellence worthy of our Lord) to the Saints team.
25. 2012: By God's grace, CLHS won its first two league championships: Swimming and Diving - Spring, 2012; Cross Country - Fall, 2012.